Inside Cannes 2012 Day 4: Five Quotes from the Lawless Press Conference
May 19, 2012
1. “I actually play Scrabble”. – Tom Hardy
What Tom Hardy does in between takes to prepare in order to be badass in his current string of tough guy roles.
2. “It was child’s play to write it.” – Nick Cave
Cave had any easy time in adapting Matt Bondurant’s book as all the elements were there – including incredible dialogue.
3. “It’s messy, its dirty and its realistic, and so it’s not rehearsed like a ballet, it’s rough around the edges”. – Shia LaBeouf
Actor portraying Jack Bondurant discusses how John Hillcoat’s styles and choreographs scenes involving violence.
4. “It titillates me…sentimentality and brute violence”. – John Hillcoat
Hillcoat mentions that he loved the combination of the classical love story and excessive violence.
5. “His own distaste and disgust of everything around him, that his vanity played a big part of that”. – Guy Pearce
Pearce discusses the allure and how he responded to the antagonist character of Charlie Rakes on paper. Note the haircut was not in the text when he read the draft.
Other Movie Sites »